- Any attorney who is a member of any state bar and is not a prosecutor or full-time judge is eligible for membership. (See By-laws for details)
- Any law student, paralegal or law clerk is eligible for non-voting membership.
- Any professional person who is involved with the criminal justice system but is not an attorney, and is in agreement with the purposes of the organization is eligible for non-voting membership as an Allied Professional of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice.
Membership Signup and Renewal Options
First year public defenders are FREE! Call the office to sign up.
- Join Online (for new members)
- Renew Online (for existing members)
- Join or Renew by Surface Mail (to download PDF form)
The online options increase security, ensure immediate processing and reduce our administrative costs.
Online transactions are handled by PayPal. AACJ does not collect or store bank or credit card information.
Please note that attorneys holding indigent defense contracts are considered Private Attorneys and not Public Defenders.
|Private Attorney, admitted 3 years or more||$190|
|Private Attorney, admitted 1 year to less than 3 years||$95|
|Private Attorney, admitted less than 1 year||$50|
|Public Defender, admitted 5 years or more||$75|
|Public Defender, admitted less than 5 years||$40|
|Allied Professional, Paralegal||$75|